Camping

This blog is about nature so i’m going to write about when I go camping. I go camping during summer break in June or July. I go with my family in Okoboji. We have a camper that is called a Jayflight. We got our camper from Webster city. We go to two different campsites. We go to Emerson bay and Gull Point. Both of the campsites are close to each other. Gull Point is my favorite and my dads because it is sucluded and there it actually feels like your in a forest with nobody there. It is also very quiet there. On the forth of July it was very loud and there were parties all over the place. The DNR had to kick out some people because of some reason that I don’t know. It is a long way into gull point. There is a plain in the area on in and there is usually deer on the way in. We go swimming at the beaches there if our uncle is there. Some days our family will go out on the boat and go fishing. One time I caught a 11.8 pound channel catfish. If you want to stay at some places at okoboji here is a linkĀ Okoboji Tourism: Best of Okoboji, IA – TripAdvisor. Where to find where Gull Point here is a linkĀ Gull Point State Park, IA – Campground & Camping Details – ReserveAmerica – [IA]. The other camp site I go to is Emerson Bay. It was a very neat foresty place but, the people who own it didi some changes. There is still some forest and I usually go down there. There is a beach here but, I don’t go to it because ti is very dirty. There is a very big plain next to where I camp and I go hangout there. The campsite is right next to the lake. The nature there is fun to be around and it is cool.

pic by: bev sykes

pic by: bev sykes

pic by: mary fairchild

pic by: mary fairchild